An English teenage girl was experiencing vomiting, dizziness, and pain and after she took a visit to the doctor, he prescribed her some antibiotics for urinary tract illness treatment. She took 2 doses that day, but things got even worse so she was rushed to the nearest hospital.
Her skin and the whites of her eyes were suddenly yellow, it was quite clear that she had jaundice. Her condition was taken as a serious one during the time and was needing closer attention.
She was thought to have hepatitis, visible by her liver, that has been inflamed and bloated. The doctors thought that by prescribing the medications they certainly were to blame for the cause of her illness so they engaged in the further investigation of the circumstances that generated her coming to a medical facility. But soon enough she told them a shocking fact.
Since the 16-year old explained, she hadn’t traveled abroad and hadn’t taken any illegal prescription drugs, and hadn’t consumed alcohol. She had never even had a blood transfusion. After surveying her, the medical practioners found out that she had ordered 2 boxes of Chinese green tea and she had been drinking 3 cups of it every single day.
She bought the tea because she assumed it will activate her weight loss and control her eating urges.
She couldn’t understand the Chinese instructions on the label and didn’t have the slightest idea what she was consuming.
Their doctors obtained an example of the tea and then tested it. When the results arrived on the scene she was told to stop drinking it right away. As the tests showed, the tea contained Camellia Sinensis, a sort of evergreen shrub whose leaves and leaf buds are utilized in the production of different tea types, including green tea extract.
The content of the tea was the primary cause which caused the
teen’s condition and is often the cause of liver damage and hepatitis amongst women who use green tea supplements and extracts.
Some patients have shown severe liver damage and so they had the need for urgent transplants, some cases even cause death. It is very likely that other chemicals have been added to add enhancement weight loss effects.
The 16-year old’s was written in the journal BMJ Case Reports with the doctors saying that there is a possibility for the existence of pesticide-induced hepatitis, specially from products that aren’t regulated and are often ordered from developing countries through the net.
Consumers can never learn about the quality and the integrity of any tea, especially when ordered from abroad. They truly are urged to be very careful of doing this, but it is best to simply avoid it and buy products which have at least a decent label.
Luckily enough, the girl recovered quickly and 2 months after she stopped consuming the green tea extract in her liver started to function normally again.
The health practitioners have used her case to point out that extortionate consumption of green tea can result in liver disease and plenty of its varieties that often promise fat loss can contain harmful substances, including pesticides.
If you are drinking green tea extract, make sure that the brand is known to you and limit the intake to a safe amount.