We could assume that a significant number of people have never been aware of chia seed, although it exists for 1000s of years. Initially, it absolutely was mentioned by the Aztecs who used it for medicinal purposes and as element of religious ceremonies.
Do you know the main benefits of chia seed?
Chia is a wonderful source of omega 3 fatty acids, minerals, anti-oxidants, protein, fibre, and a significant number of vitamins. It has the ability to regenerate skin and burn off fat, strengthen the human body along with improve the function of the digestive organs.
Nutritionists recommend chia for people who feel weak, and without energy due to its effectiveness on the muscle work and providing energy for your human anatomy.
Because of this , why athletes frequently use chia. It has 37% nutritional fibre which can stimulate the job of intestines. The normal consumption of this seed can even prevent a cancerous colon.
We give you a few good reasons to eat chia seed daily:
- It does not contain gluten
- It contains 20% protein
- It has 8 types of amino acids
- It may improve digestion and treat the symptoms of digestive system diseases because high content of fiber
- It has 20% of omega 3 fatty acids and is considered as one of the best foods for the heart and brain health.
- Chia seeds contain 8 times more omega 3 fatty acids when compared with salmon
- It contains five times more calcium than milk
- It’s a great source of antioxidant in fact it has 4 times more anti-oxidants than blueberries
- It has twice more potassium than bananas
- It contains 7 times more vitamin C than oranges
- It is exceptionally beneficial for the healthiness of your skin, nails and hair
- It has positive influence on the glucose levels within the blood hence it’s beneficial for diabetics
- It’s considered as a great alternative for eggs. Just mix chia seeds with water to be able to create gel, and add them to recipes as replacement eggs
How many seeds you need to consume so that you can see the effect?
In line with the nutritionists, the recommended daily dose of chia seeds is 1 tablespoon. While using the them, make sure to digest plenty of water since they’re abundant in fiber.
How to consume chia seeds?
Chia seeds have pleasant and mild taste, so you can blend them with a smoothie, place them in a light salad or you are able to eat them alone. You should soak them in water for 15 minutes so they can grow to a size 10 times bigger than their usual one.
You can add the seeds in to the dough for bread or muffins, or also you can mix them with coconut oil and blend with pineapples and almonds.